Vastu for West Facing House: The Direction of Fame and Fate
- 1 Vastu for West Facing House: The Direction of Fame and Fate
- 1.1 How to identify a West facing house?
- 1.2 Is a West facing house good or bad as per Vastu?
- 1.3 West facing house is suitable for which Rashis ?
- 1.4 West Facing House Vastu – The Placement of Main Door/Entrance
- 1.5 West Facing House – Vastu Do’s
- 1.6 West Facing House – Vastu Don’ts
- 1.7 FAQs for West Facing House
A house or home is not just a dwelling built to live in; but a place where one not only feels comfortable and but also feels secure every moment of life. A home is built not by bricks or wood, but with the tie of family. A home is a place that reminds a person of innumerable memories and values when he walks through. In this article “Vastu for West Facing House: The Direction of Fame and Fate”, we share a perspective on what one has to take care and and its implications of the house or flat
West is direction of Varun-God of rains, Fame and Fate, however West is ruled by Saturn. Hence Vastu of west facing house/plot also needs careful planning. It involves understanding the location of the main door, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, windows, and its shape. A large number of homes having west or south door were fortunate in creating a prosperous and peaceful life.
To read more on Vastu Tips click here
How to identify a West facing house?
Follow these simple steps:
- Take a compass (open compass app on mobile) and stand in the centre of the house, facing outside (as if you’re going out of your home)
- Keep the compass or phone on the ground so that it is not tilted in any one direction. Note down the direction it is showing. For example,
- While coming out of your home, you face West – then you have a West facing house
- Similarly, if you face East while coming out of your home, then you have a East facing house
Is a West facing house good or bad as per Vastu?
Since no direction is good or bad hence, Simple answer to this question is “It depends”.
It depends of how Vastu principals are followed on designing various sections of the house such as location of the Main entrance, Kitchen, Bedrooms, Open Space, Living Room / Area, Dining Room, Toilet, Bathroom, Temple / Mandir, Swimming Pool, Garage, Gym, Terrace, Staircase, garden, etc.
Hence only buying West facing house does not make it good or bad
West facing house is suitable for which Rashis ?
People of following 3 Rashis (moon Sign) may go for West facing houses:
- वृषभ (Taurus)
- तुला (Libra)
- कुंभ (Aquarius)
However, as mentioned earlier rashi or West facing house alone is not enough for right house
West Facing House Vastu – The Placement of Main Door/Entrance
We need to understand there is difference between house facing and facing of main entrance (main door)
- Check whether your main door is in centre or on left or on right
- For West Facing
- If door is in centre, then Main door is in West
- If door is in Left, then Main door is in South West
- If door is in Right, then Main door is in North West
Different parts of West directions have varying degree of auspiciousness.
To understand the concept, read the details below and refer the above image & coloured partition:
- There are 9 padas or steps in West side of a house all having different auspiciousness
- You can divide full west side by 9, these 9 parts will be known as padas
- Padas 3, 4, 5 and 6 are the ones that are most auspicious to locate the entrance of a West facing house
- Padas 1 and 2 can be used if the space after utilizing padas 3, 4, 5 and 6 seems less (however, this rarely happens)
- The entrance of a West facing house can also be located in padas 1 and 2 (only if there’s no option to use 3, 4, 5 and 6 padas);
- This is neutral position – entrance may not give good results but also may not give bad results either
- Padas 7, 8 and 9 are the ones that are prohibited
- This is not a auspicious position for door. You should never ever locate the entrance of your home in this part of West side
West Facing House – Vastu Do’s
- The walls in South and West must be thicker and higher than East and North
- Kitchen – Place the kitchen in SE or NW of the house; SE is better.
- Master bedroom – Master Bedroom in SW is the best
- If the house has multiple floors then locate the master bedroom at the highest floor.
- Living room: in NE of the house is favorable
- Pooja room: in NE of the house is advantageous
- Kid’s room: It can be in South, West or North-West.
- A guest bedroom: It can be placed in North-West.
- A plot that slopes from South to North is considered auspicious
- The compound wall should be thick and big/large at the west and south to obstruct the path of negativity
- Plant tall and heavy trees in the west to be protected against evil
West Facing House – Vastu Don’ts
- Avoid bore-well or water sump in SW of the house, It results in poverty and disease
- Never buy a plot or flat having extension in South or SW
- Never have a kitchen in SW of the house, it invite negativity and instability.
- Never have an extension in the west or south. This will give way to negative energy to flow
- Never purchase a west facing house at a T junction and/or veedhi-shoola at the west. This is one of the major vastu dosha
- Balcony : There should not be any balconies or terrace in the west
FAQs for West Facing House
- Having water storage sump (below ground level) is good or bad?
- Septic tank towards West direction is good?
- Can we construct car shed or car garage?
- Yes but should not touch the main building
- Having an entry door or entrance gate or window towards the West is good?
- West pooja room is good as per vastu?
- Can we develop a garden in West direction?
- Can we plan a lift/elevator?
- Having an internal or external staircase/steps is acceptable?
- Internal is fine but before making external consult Vastu expert
- Having sewage line at West direction is good?
- Is constructing a storeroom or stocks at this location is OK?
- West toilet is good?
- Avoid but if you wish to construct consult Vastu expert
- Can we construct porticos?
- Master bedroom in West direction is good?
- Can we plan for a water fountain in West?
- Balcony at West direction is good?
- Avoid, if possible
- West direction kitchen is suggested?
- Yes but at NW
- Keeping sofa sets and furniture is bad or good?
- Can we keep the computer table at West direction?
- Can we have a home office in this direction?
- Can we have water lakes, water wells, rivers, ponds, and stream at West direction?
- Having electricity transformers and electricity polls are good?
- Can we plan basement/cellar for West facing house?
- Yes but consult Vastu expert
- Mountains and hillocks at West direction are bad or good?
- Can we plant Trees in West direction?
- Planning to buy one West facing plot, opposite there are many open vacant lands, is this good?
Many people believe, west facing house is challenging as it is ruled by Saturn and hence it may bring bad luck, affect the health. But with vastu shastra and the vastu tips for west-facing houses, it is not difficult to rectify these issues. In case you wish to know more and seek the advice of best vastu consultant , please Call us or WhatsApp on + 91 9538602626. You can also email us on [email protected] You can visit our website too – www.aadishakti.co
Refer: you can also refer video of Gyan for more details