Vastu for East Facing House: The Direction of Energy
- 1 Vastu for East Facing House: The Direction of Energy
- 1.1 How to identify a East facing house?
- 1.2 Is a East facing house good or bad as per Vastu?
- 1.3 East facing house is suitable for which Rashis ?
- 1.4 East Facing House Vastu – The Placement of Main Door/Entrance
- 1.5 East Facing House – Vastu Do’s
- 1.6 East Facing House – Vastu Don’ts
- 1.7 FAQs for East Facing House
“I can’t wait to get home and relax” is often repeated lines. Your house can be big or small, you always look forward to going home at the end of a long day. Normally when it comes to purchasing property, most people believe that north or east facing house are auspicious. However, as per Vastu Shastra, no direction is bad. “Vastu for East Facing House: The Direction of Energy” the article explains various rules related to East direction that one needs to bring positivity and harmony in our life.
Sun rises from the east and it brings positive energy to the house or the plot facing east. House facing East gets maximum prana. As a result, East facing House/Homes are sold very quickly and therefore are always in demand. East is direction of energy and health, hence majority tend to believe that all East facing homes are equal when it comes to Vastu Shastra, however that’s not the case. You have to make sure various section of your house such as main door or entrance and other parts of the house or flat are Vastu compliant.
To read more on Vastu Tips click here
How to identify a East facing house?
Follow these simple steps:
- Take a compass (open compass app on mobile) and stand in the centre of the house, facing outside (as if you’re going out of your home)
- Keep the compass or phone on the ground so that it is not tilted in any one direction. Note down the direction it is showing. For example,
- While coming out of your home, you face east – then you have a East facing house
- Similarly, if you face west while coming out of your home, then you have a West facing house
Is a East facing house good or bad as per Vastu?
The truth is that it’s not just the facing of the house that makes it good or bad
But It rest on of how Vastu principals are followed on designing various sections of the house such as location of the Main entrance, Kitchen, Bedrooms, Open Space, Living Room / Area, Dining Room, Toilet, Bathroom, Temple / Mandir, Swimming Pool, Garage, Gym, Terrace, Staircase, garden, etc.
Hence only buying east facing house does not make it good or bad
East facing house is suitable for which Rashis ?
People of following 3 Rashis (moon Sign) may go for East facing houses:
- कर्क (Cancer)
- वृश्चिक (Scorpio)
- मीन (Pisces)
However, as mentioned earlier rashi or east facing house alone is not adequate condition for right house
East Facing House Vastu – The Placement of Main Door/Entrance
We need to understand there is difference between house facing and facing of main entrance (main door)
- Check whether your main door is in centre or on left or on right
- East Facing
- If door is in centre, then Main door is in East
- If door is in Left, then Main door is in North East
- If door is in Right, then Main door is in South East
Normally, East direction is considered auspicious in vastu shastra. However different parts of east directions have different degree of auspiciousness.
To understand the concept, read the details below and refer the above image & coloured partition:
- There are 9 padas or steps in East side of a house all having different auspiciousness
- You can divide full east side by 9, these 9 parts will be known as padas
- The 5th pada (green one) is the best and the most auspicious for entrance or main door of a East facing home.
- It’s the direction of Sun, It blesses the residents with name, fame and respect in the society
- If pada 5 alone is small, then one can used the pada’s 3,4 and 6,7 are for entrance or main door
- But keep in mind, to include pada 5 along with padas 3, 4 or 6, 7
- Padas 1 and 2 are the least preferred options
- It may not harm you, but may not give any benefits
- If you’re planning to use pada 1 for main door,
- Then the main door should not touch NE corner, hence give 1/2 feet of space from NE wall
- Padas 8 and 9 are not advised (prohibited)
- It is invitation to illness
- Relationship in house may not be cordial
East Facing House – Vastu Do’s
- The walls to the East and North should be a bit smaller and slimmer than the walls to the West and South
- Build a house with a balcony possibly on the Eastside
- This should be in such a way that there is no construction on the East, ENE (East-Northeast) and NNE (North-Northeast) side.
- Verandah – You should construct a Verandah slopping East such that North-East is not narrowed
- Puja Room – You should place a puja room in the North-East, it is highly auspicious.
- Living Room – You can choose to place your living room in the North-East side
- Guest Bedroom – You can create a guest bedroom in the North-West direction
- Master Bedroom -It is for the best to have a master bedroom in the south-West direction
- While cooking, you should face towards East in a South-East kitchen, and West in a North-West kitchen
- Open Area – More open area towards the East direction is considered to bring luck
- Water Tank – Building an underground water tank in the North-East side is deemed auspicious
- Drainage – The drainage should be accumulated in the East side and evacuated from there
East Facing House – Vastu Don’ts
- Do not build bathrooms in the North-East corner
- Do not construct a septic tank in the north-east corner
- Avoid staircases in the North-East side of your home
- Do not construct a kitchen in the North-East corner
- Do not place dustbins towards the North-East of your home
- Make sure, there are no cuts in the North-East corner of the house
- Avoid planting trees in the East direction. They may block the morning sun rays
FAQs for East Facing House
- What are the best usages of East direction?
- Family room, living room, dining room, study room, home office, discussion room, gathering room, etc.
- Septic tank towards East direction is good?
- Ok but follow the vastu guidlines
- Having water storage sump (below ground level) is good or bad?
- Can we construct car shed or car garage?
- Ideally no
- Having an entry door or entrance gate or window towards the East is good?
- East pooja room is good as per vastu?
- Can we develop a garden in East direction?
- Can we plan a lift/elevator?
- Yes, but follow vastu guidelines
- Having an internal or external staircase/steps is acceptable?
- Having sewage line at East direction is good?
- Is constructing a storeroom or stocks at this location is OK?
- East toilet is good?
- Can we construct portico?
- Master bedroom in East direction is good?
- Can we plan for a water fountain in East?
- Balcony at East direction is good?
- East direction kitchen is suggested?
- NW can be
- Keeping sofa sets and furniture is bad or good?
- Can we keep the computer table at East direction?
- Can we have a home office in this direction?
- Can we have water lakes, water wells, rivers, ponds, and stream at East direction?
- Can we plan basement/cellar for East facing house?
- Mountains and hillocks at East direction are bad or good?
- Not good
- Can we plant Trees in East direction?
- Planning to buy one East facing plot, opposite there are many open vacant lands, is this good?
It is advisable to consult a Vastu expert before going ahead. He will help you in building your home or selecting proper flat. In case you wish to know more and seek the advice of best vastu consultant , please Call us or WhatsApp on + 91 9538602626. You can also email us on [email protected] You can visit our website too – www.aadishakti.co
Refer: you can also refer video of Bansal Vastu for more details