Rahu Kaalam – Yamadandam Kaalam – Gulika are the certain period of time during a day, where one should avoid the auspicious work, fresh investments, business related activities or travelling, as it may result in delay or failure in efforts. Some astrologers believe if it is not possible to avoid all 3 then, at least Rahu Kaalam period should be avoided.
What is Rahu Kaal or Rahul Kaalam
Rahu is an unfavourable planet. During transition of planets the time under the influence of Rahu should be avoided to do any auspicious work. The inauspicious time is known as Rahu Kala, Rahu Kal, Rahu Kalam and Rahu Kalaam .
Yet, any work related to Rahu gives good results during this time period. Hawan, Yagya, etc. to appease Rahu can be done during this time.
How to calculate Rahu Kalam?
- Find the time of sunrise and sunset of a day in your city
- Divide this duration in 8 equal parts
- On Mondays, 2nd part; on Tuesdays, 7th part; on Wednesdays, 5th part; on Thursdays, 6th part; on Fridays, 4th part; on Saturdays, 3rd part; and on Sundays, 8th part is called Rahukalam.
Remember it may be slightly different for each city, since sunrise and sunset time may be different for each city
What is Yamadandam Kaalam ?
Yama is the significator of death. During transition of planets the time under the influence of Yama is known as Yamagandam Kaalam. It should also should be avoided to do any auspicious work. Normally funeral or death ceremonies are performed during this inauspicious Yama Ghant Kaal or Yamaganda period
What is Gulika?
Gulika kalam is muhurt of Gulikan, who is the son of Saturn or Lord Sani. So, this is the time ruled over by Saturn. Hence auspicious activities may be avoided.
Rahu Kaalam – Yamadandam Kaalam – Gulika
|Sunday||12 PM to 1.30 PM||3 PM to 4.30 PM||4.30 PM to 6 PM|
|Monday||10.30 AM to 12 PM||1.30 PM to 3 PM||7.30 AM to 9 AM|
|Tuesday||9 AM to 10.30 AM||12 PM to 1.30 PM||3 PM to 4.30 PM|
|Wednesday||7.30 AM to 9 AM||10.30 AM to 12 PM||12 PM to 1.30 PM|
|Thursday||6 AM to 7.30 AM||9 AM to 10.30 AM||1.30 PM to 3 PM|
|Friday||3 PM to 4.30 PM||7.30 AM to 9 AM||10.30 AM to 12 PM|
|Saturday||1.30 PM to 3 PM||6 AM to 7.30 AM||9 AM to 10.30 AM|
- The period mentioned above are based hindu vedic astrology
- The rahu kaalam chart above shows Rahu timing on each day of the week. On friday, saturday & monday rahukalam is in the morning. On wednesday & thursday rahu kalam is in the afternoon and sunday rahukalam is in the evening
- Contact Aadishakti Astrologers for more accurate details on 9538602626 via phone / WhatsApp or email us on [email protected]
- For more detail you may refer wikipedia page page too