What is Free Kundli Matching – Horoscope Matching – Kundli Milan
- 1 What is Free Kundli Matching – Horoscope Matching – Kundli Milan
- 2 Why to do Free Kundli Matching – Horoscope Matching – Kundli Milan?
- 3 What are different names for Horoscope Matching
- 4 What is Guna Milan
- 5 What are the ashtakoot or 8 factors
- 6 What are the Dashtakoot or Poruthams or 10 factors
- 7 How many Porutham is good enough for marriage?
Free Kundli Matching – Horoscope Matching – Kundli Milan is one of the most important step before marriage is finalized. It is a process of checking whether the horoscope of a couple is suitable to get married. Basic idea is to check compatibility of boy (groom) and girl (bride) so that they can live happy, healthy and prosperous married life.
Click on following link for Free Kundli Matching – Horoscope Matching – Kundli Milan by Prokerala.com
Why to do Free Kundli Matching – Horoscope Matching – Kundli Milan?
In addition to check educational, cultural and professional backgrounds, it is also important to make sure that couple will have happy, harmonious and healthy married life. In short, it is a process of finding right partner for boy or girl.
Normally 3 major aspects are considered at the time of marriage:
- Guna Milan
- Manglik Dosha (Kuja Dosha)
- Strength of Navamsa Chart
The basic logic is to check
- The mental health of the partners
- Factors showing more than one marriage
- Any malefic configurations, combos (yogas)
What are different names for Horoscope Matching
Kundali Milan, Guna Milan, Horoscope Matching and Compatibility, Lagna Melapak , Porutham etc.
What is Guna Milan
It is process of matching 8 or 10 aspects of birth chart of boy and girl to check whether they to suitable to get married, from astrological perspective.
Birth chart(also known as Janam Kundli or Natal Chart) is used. Guna Milan is based on the position of moon in the Birth charts of boy and girl.
Ashtakoot and Dashtakoot are two majorly followed matching systems in Vedic Astrology.
In North India, process of Guna Milan is called as, “Ashtakoot Milan”. It means 8 different aspects of Horoscope are matched. The eight Kootas are: Varna, Vashya, Tara, Yoni, Grih Maitri, Gana, Rashi, Nadi.
In south India, the process is called Dashtakoot or poruthams. The 10 poruthams (kootas) are: dinam, ganam, yoni, rasi, rasiyathipaty, rajju, vedha, vasya, mahendram and stree deergham.
What are the ashtakoot or 8 factors
- Varna: this factor represents the ego/spiritual development of the partners
- Vasya: this factor describes the power equation between couple
- Dina or Tara: this factor measures birth star (Nakshatra) compatibility and destiny
- Yoni: this factor measures sexual compatibility and mutual love between the couple
- Graha Maitri: this factor reflects the mental compatibility and affection. This score is about friendship
- Gana: this one is about the behaviour and temperament
- Rasi/ Bhakoot: this Kuta describes the emotional compatibility and love between partners
- Nadi: this factor is about progeny and children. In some ways it also relates to health issues between the partners
What are the Dashtakoot or Poruthams or 10 factors
- Dina Porutham – Good Health and Prosperity
- Gana Porutham – Matching of Temperaments
- Rajju Porutham – Husband’s Long Life
- Rasi Porutham – Continuation of Progeny
- Yoni Porutham – Sexual Compatibility
- Vedha Porutham – Ward of Evil and Pitfalls
- Vasya Porutham – Compatibility Between the Zodiac Signs
- Mahendra Porutham – Progeny in A Larger Measure
- Stree Deerga Porutham – Accumulation of Wealth and Prosperity
- Rasiyathipaty Porutham – Compatibility Between Birth Stars (Nakshatra)
|Sr No||Guna||Max Points|
|7||Rashi or Bhakoota||7|
How to read Matchmaking Results
|Points After Match Making||Result|
|Less than 18||Not recommended for marriage|
|18 to 24||Average, Acceptable match and recommended for marriage|
|24 to 32||Very Good, successful marriage|
|32 to 36||Excellent Match|
How many Porutham is good enough for marriage?
Porutham considers the normal leanings of the boy and the girl based on the horoscopes/ Kundli, and accordingly the marriage of the two can be matched.
The following 5 matches out of 10 are considered important: Gana, Rajju, Dina, Rasi and Yoni and out these 5, Rajju and Dina are the two most important Porutham.